Get Article | Interlibrary Loan
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
How to Get Articles
There are several options for quick access to the full text of an article.
- Use DOI/PMID Lookup on the home page if you know the DOI or PMID of the article.
- Use the Get Article button when searching PubMed or CINAHL to find full text or request a copy via interlibrary loan.
- Use LibKey Nomad if you search the internet/google for articles instead of going through the libraries' website.
If full text is unavailable, use the Interlibrary Loan Request Form to get a copy from another library.
Get Article through DOI/PMID Lookup
Quickly find full text by typing or cut/paste the DOI or PMID of an article in the search box on the home page.
Get Article through PubMed
- Click the Regional Hospitals' custom link for PubMed to activate library holdings
- Search for your topic
- Click the "Get Article" button
- If available, LibKey will bring up a PDF of the article, otherwise
- Click the link to "Request this item through interlibrary loan"
- New window opens showing the Interlibrary Loan Request form. Type your contact details in the starred boxes.
- Article information is automatically filled out
- Click Submit to place your request
- Library staff will email the article once we receive it from the outside library. Turnaround depends on how quickly the library sending the article responds.
Get Article through CINAHL
- Click CINAHL Plus with Full Text link
- Enter your search topic
- If available, click PDF Full Text
- Otherwise, click Get Article
- Click "Request this item through interlibrary loan"
- New window opens showing the Interlibrary Loan Request form. Type your contact information in the starred boxes .
- Article details are automatically filled out in the form
- Click Submit to place your request.
- Library staff will email the article once we receive from the outside library. Turnaround depends on how quickly the library sending the article responds.
Get Articles using LibKey Nomad
Get articles quickly on and off campus using the LibKey Nomad browser plug-in.
- Edge -must use recent version that allows Chrome extensions
- Download LibKey Nomad from the Chrome web store
- Select your institution: Cleveland Clinic Regional Hospitals
- Be sure to select the correct Cleveland Clinic.
- Once installed, the LibKey Nomad icon displays in your browser's top bar on the right.
- LibKey Nomad Help Guide.pdf
Request an Article (Interlibrary Loan)
Complete the article request form (one request per form) OR
Contact Library Staff via phone or email.
- Fairview caregivers contact Fairview Hospital's Medical Library
- Hiillcrest caregivers contact Hillcrest Hospital's Medical Library
- Avon, Euclid, Lutheran, Marymount, Medina, and South Pointe caregivers contact South Pointe Hospital's Medical Library