Borrow | Renew | Overdues | Fines
Libraries remain closed for studying, but resume lending to Cleveland Clinic Caregivers.
Which items can I borrow? Search the Library Catalog. If item's status = AVAILABLE, you can borrow it.
How can I borrow an item?
- Go to the Library Catalog, find the item you want to borrow, click the item's title.
- Place a hold by clicking Request This Item. Must have a Library Account and password/PIN. View details on registering for a Library Account.
- Library staff will pull the item and email you when it is ready to arrange a pick-up time.
- Must pick up items in person at Main, Fairview, Hillcrest, or South Pointe libraries.
How do I arrange pick-up? Days and times vary by location.
- Main Campus: call 216-444-5697. Pick-up times are Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Fairview: call Irene Szentkiralyi 216-476-7117, Mon-Thurs, 8:30am-4:30pm.
- Hillcrest: call Mary Miles 440-312-3250, Tues-Thurs, 9am-5pm.
- South Pointe: call Lachelle Bell 216-491-7456, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Where can I return items?
- Main Campus' book drop is located outside the library next to the time clock.
- Fairview and Hillcrest book drops are located outside of the library.
- South Pointe caregivers, please return the books to the library.
- Cannot return items via interoffice mail.
How quickly are items checked in and removed from my Library Account?
- Main Campus: items are checked in daily, M-F.
- Regionals: items are checked in on the days the libraries are staffed.
- Loan period for library materials: 3 weeks
- Number of renewals: maximum of 4
- Number of items that can be checked out at once: 10 items
2 options to renew items:
- Login to your Library Account and click renew
- Call the Library at Main Campus, Fairview, Hillcrest or South Pointe to renew by phone
Items that cannot be renewed:
- Items that have holds because another person is waiting
- Items that have been billed because they are long overdue
- Courtesy/overdue notices: emailed for materials borrowed from Cleveland Clinic libraries.
- Bills: mailed to your home address for long overdue items.
- Check your Library Account to see materials you have borrowed and their due dates.
- Recommend setting reminders in your phone to renew items before their due date.
- The library is not responsible if notices are late or not received.
|Loan Periods||Fees per Item|
|Fines - 21 day loans||$.50/day|
|Special loan periods||$1.00/day|
|Bills - long overdue 21-day loans||Replacement cost or $75 + $15. If returned, cost = fines accrued.|
|Bills - long overdue special loan periods||Replacement cost or $350 + $15. If returned, cost = fines accrued.|
|Damaged items||Details to be discussed with Library Staff.|
Fine payment - Pay fines with credit card: Login to Library Account; click link to pay overdue fines, and follow instructions. We are unable to accept cash or checks.
Blocking Library Privileges
- Borrowing library materials and using library resources off-campus are BLOCKED when fines are $10 or more.
- Fines must be paid in full to unblock your account.
- Payment of fines does not automatically restore library access. Staff can only clear fines during business hours (M-F: 9am-5pm). Please call 216-444-5697 to speak with library staff to clear fines.
No borrowing when the Library is not staffed.